SSH console [Done]

franz24

SSH console [Done]

Postby franz24 » 20 Sep 2016, 22:22

Hi there,

once I have all my hosts defined in Retrospective, I would like to open an SSH console for those.
After all, it is quit a lot of work to setup all my environments properly in the tool.
Having it so well organized in Retrospective, it gives me the creep to organize the same hosts in Putty and WinSCP again!

Cheers, Franz
centeractive
Site Admin

Re: SSH console

Postby centeractive » 02 Oct 2016, 16:34

Hi Franz,

We are currently developing an xterm based SSH console for Retrospective and hope to have it included in the upcoming new version of the program. With this new feature you should get rid of PuTTY in most cases. You' however will probably continue to use WinSCP that offers numerous features not provided by Retrospective. Therefore you'll still be left with the hassle of having to configure your environments in Retrospective and in WinSCP separately.
centeractive
Site Admin

Re: SSH console [Done]

Postby centeractive » 11 Nov 2016, 16:17

Hi Franz,

I'm proud to announce you that our just release Retrospective version 4.0.0 comes with a fully featured xterm-based SSH Console that offers the following key points.

• Creation through main menu or from within Host Manager
  • Customization of SSH Console appearance: colors, font, cursor
  • Support for Alternate Screen Buffer
  • Support for Copy/Paste in quick and regular mode
  • Support for Alternate Character Set (e.g. line drawing characters in non-UTF8 encodings)
  • Automatic detection of remote host encoding
  • Support for exploding/imploding SSH Console tabs

Return to “Feature Requests”