Custom Column in Search Output [DONE]

kagatone

Custom Column in Search Output [DONE]

Postby kagatone » 23 May 2017, 17:51

This might already exists as I'm pretty new with this tool. As a product developer building servlets, we generate log files with distinct identifiers not just loglevel, timestamp, etc. We also have things like unique requests id's generated per log line. It would be nice to organize some of these in columns so that they can be grouped together during analysis. I can see this being defined when you create the profile much like the same way you configure log entry separation and Date/Time recognition.

If something like this already exists in the product let me know. Thanks!
centeractive
Site Admin

Re: Custom Column in Search Output

Postby centeractive » 24 May 2017, 18:00

Thank you for your valuable input. Result table custom column definition is a feature that is currently under development. It will almost exactly offer what you're describing in your post. Unfortunately the release version and date for this feature is not defined yet. From what we can see already, together with the new highlighting feature, it will be another great achievement that further empowers log file analyzis with Retrospective.
centeractive
Site Admin

Re: Custom Column in Search Output [DONE]

Postby centeractive » 05 Aug 2017, 08:52

Retrospective version 4.2.0 has been released and it offers fully configurable custom columns. We're sure you'll enjoy this new feature.

Return to “Feature Requests”