A couple of suggestions [DONE]

chesterm8

A couple of suggestions [DONE]

Postby chesterm8 » 28 Nov 2012, 04:34

Hi,

It would be good to be able to save the column settings (eg I hide the Date/Time column as it is the first thing in the Data column) as part of a view or bookmark - currently they appear to reset back to their default when one of the above is loaded.

It would also be good to be able to exclude certain log messages (eg have a 'Does not contain') option in the search - there are a number of messages that do not concern me that occur quite often in my logs, and being able to ignore them would be helpful.

Cheers,
Stephen

PS - I found this software through your posting to the Melbourne JVM user group - great idea to get some feedback!
Lukasz
centeractive people

Re: A couple of suggestions

Postby Lukasz » 28 Nov 2012, 10:34

Hi Stephen,

Thanks a lot for your feature request.

I totally agree with what you said. We plan to introduce the ‘not’ filters early next year (probably within the next two or three releases – our release cycles are rather short).
We are also focused to improve the column splitting and column view. I recorded your request in our internal issue tracker with the ID #1752. You can check out our release notes to see when it was implemented.

Cheers,
Lukasz
ART

Postby ART » 20 Feb 2014, 11:27

Hello,

Any news about TEXT "Does not contain" option ! or any option to inverse a filter or a search criteria !

Best regards
urs.minder
centeractive people

Postby urs.minder » 14 Mar 2014, 08:59

Unfortunately this feature is not implemented yet and it won't be included in the upcoming new Retrospective release 3.2.0. It's however now scheduled for release 3.3.0.
urs.minder
centeractive people

Postby urs.minder » 12 Sep 2014, 19:44

chesterm8 wrote:It would also be good to be able to exclude certain log messages (eg have a 'Does not contain') option in the search - there are a number of messages that do not concern me that occur quite often in my logs, and being able to ignore them would be helpful.

The "Not contains" search criteria is now available in Retrospective release 3.3.0 that was published two weeks ago.
chesterm8 wrote:It would be good to be able to save the column settings (eg I hide the Date/Time column as it is the first thing in the Data column) as part of a view or bookmark - currently they appear to reset back to their default when one of the above is loaded.

This feature (some may consider it to be a bug) is now scheduled for the upcoming Retrospective release 3.4.0.
urs.minder
centeractive people

Postby urs.minder » 28 Feb 2015, 11:03

chesterm8 wrote:It would be good to be able to save the column settings (eg I hide the Date/Time column as it is the first thing in the Data column) as part of a view or bookmark - currently they appear to reset back to their default when one of the above is loaded.

Retrospective version 3.4.0 has just been released and the requested feature is in there, column settings are now saved and correctly re-established when opening a view or a bookmark.

Return to “Feature Requests”