Log Export [DONE]

finejava

Log Export [DONE]

Postby finejava » 31 Oct 2013, 12:29

hi,

I've got a few sources in 1 of my profile search. During my export it bundles all of the sources logs together. Hence i'm having trouble to identify which line is from which sources.

It would be good if the export format is much more systematic.
markus
centeractive people

Re: Log Export

Postby markus » 14 Nov 2013, 09:22

Hi,

thank your for the suggestion.

Would you see the host/sources information on every log line in one export file, or more seperate files for every host/source configuration being exported?

In the latter case, I guess hostname and datasource would have to be part of the file name.

We where also thinking about what format for a single export file containing log data from different hosts/sources would be best, XML, JSON..

Regards,
Markus
urs.minder
centeractive people

Postby urs.minder » 14 Nov 2013, 10:14

It is already possible today to extract the log entries from the result table with additional information such as host and file name. This is not straigt forward exporting and aimed to be used for a limited number of rows only. Please proceed as follows:

• Select the desired set of rows within the result table (use the Ctrl and/or Shift key for selecting multiple rows)
  • Right click on any selected row and choose 'Copy' from the pop-up menu (this copies the selected rows to the clipboard)
  • Open your favorite text editor and paste the clipboard content to it
urs.minder
centeractive people

Postby urs.minder » 06 Feb 2016, 16:37

With version 3.6.0 of Retrospective, log entries from the result table can be exported to nicely formatted Excel files together with search context information.

Return to “Feature Requests”