Regex Support within Message Filter

stevedearl

Regex Support within Message Filter

Postby stevedearl » 23 Jul 2015, 12:34

Hi Support,

I've been trying out Message Detector for the past week or two and think its a very interesting tool. One thing I'm struggling with though is being able to create the correct regular expression within the message filter dialog to be able to catch the exact message types I'm after.

Below is a sample fragment of a TIBCO AE message - note that there are carriage returns/line breaks for each line.

Code: Select all

^8^={
        ^idx^=2
        ^class^="AnyHashElement"
        name="CATEGORY"
        value=100
      }
      ^9^={
        ^idx^=2
        ^class^="AnyHashElement"
        name="EVENT_TYPE"
        value=35
      }
      ^10^={
        ^idx^=2
        ^class^="AnyHashElement"
        name="ID"
        value="0123456789"

I'm trying to set up a filter to catch messages which contain 'EVENT_TYPE"' followed by 'value=35' and to ensure that there is only whitespace (including new lines) between them - to avoid matching on a 'value=35' somewhere lower down in the message.

The problem is I don't seem to be able to define the regex correctly within Message Detector to handle the 'whitespace' recognition.

I've tried both of the following regex lines within MessageDetector but neither seem to work. I've checked both within other regex testers and they seem to work fine there:
    .*LIMIT_EVENT_TYPE"((.|\n|\r)*?)value=35
    .*LIMIT_EVENT_TYPE"(\s*)value=35

Ideally I would like to use the "\s" regex notation (as it should cover all whitespace and gives the least complex regex expression for what I need).

Can you check the regular expression handling within the tool and let me know if I'm doing anything wrong, or if this is an issue with regular expression handling within the product itself and if so can you provide a solution.

Best regards,
Steve

Return to “Bug Reports”