We have just released the latest version of Retrospective (2.1.0). You will be pleased to hear that we have had some valuable feedback from users regarding features or improvements that we have been able to implement in this latest release. We have also addressed a number of defects and implemented a number of improvements regarding search efficiency and load management.
• Clear Results: you can now clear existing results.
Being able to clear existing results is useful when you have a mass of results at the beginning which are not really relevant to what you are really looking for, but you don’t want to stop/start the tail in case you miss something
• Pause Scrolling during tailing: This will help tremendously with the need to pause/resume fast moving tails to briefly see what results you are getting.
Pausing the scrolling does not stop the tailing, but just allows one to take a look at one part of the results before returning to the tail which is always following the last entry written to a file. Of course, when the scroll is paused the tail continues in the background so no results are lost.
• The management of tail entries and how tail is done has been significantly improved with the result that more files can be tailed simultaneously per tab with less resulting load.
• It is now possible to specify a search parameter which matches all given strings (logical AND) or alternatively which matches any of the searched for strings (logical OR).
This will help with those customers who have to search across different machines using global keys and then who need to add local keys (e.g. machine thread/ID) to that search to find additional log entries which don’t contain the global key.
First search for the global key and then copy/paste the additional Search Parameter into an additional text box and then select “Matches any(OR)”.
• A profile is now immediately selected after creating one using the Welcome Screen’s “start new tail/search"
• It is now possible to drag columns around to “customise” your view of results.
• We have implemented a “pretty print” for xml elements in the detailed data display.
• In the results Data Display, entries can now be alternatively sorted (other than the default of ascending time order) for search only by clicking on either Date/Time(for reverse time order sort), Host or Path
• The Host load management has been improved to allow for slower servers and this will result in less SSH timeouts.
• The shortcut for explode has been changed to CTRL-E (to avoid conflict with existing Mac functionality)
• It is now possible to apply a filter/wildcard in the “manual file selection” in the file selector during configuration.
We hope you enjoy the latest version of Retrospective and that it’s new features and improvements help you even more.
As always, please let us know what you like and what you don’t like and we will use your feedback to help decide which features will be implemented in future releases of Retrospective.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest