eBay wsdl test

waclaw
centeractive people

eBay wsdl test

Postby waclaw » 02 Nov 2012, 16:48

Hi

I'm trying to test eBay wsdl available at http://developer.ebay.com/webservices/latest/ebaySvc.wsdl using WS Server and WS Client components. WS Server saves invocations into srv_ivocations.wsm file. I created WS_Client_ref.wsm reference file based on WS_Client.wsm file, and compare it to the srv_ivocations.wsm file after performing one of available operations. Comparison mode is "compare all for equality (include nested XML)", I expect the comparison to succeed, but I get:

Code: Select all

start comparing messages (compare all for equality (include nested XML))
 1 message will be compared to 1 reference message

message number 1 is not correct
   XML reference data:
[...]
     /Envelope/Body/AddDisputeRequest/OrderLineItemID/text() is fine
   /wsMessage/soapAction not expected

1 incorrect message found totally

Shouldn't the files compare equal?

thanks,
waclaw
waclaw
centeractive people

Re: eBay wsdl test

Postby waclaw » 02 Nov 2012, 17:28

I tried the same thing with EC2 wsdl from http://s3.amazonaws.com/ec2-downloads/ec2.wsdl and it works as expected.
urs.minder
centeractive people

Re: eBay wsdl test

Postby urs.minder » 03 Nov 2012, 15:01

The reported message "/wsMessage/soapAction not expected" indicates that the operation invocation saved by the WS Server contains a SOAP Action HTTP header field that was not expected because it is not present in the reference operation invocation. Since your reference operation invocation is an exact copy of the operation invocation made by the WS Client, one would expect that it looks exactly the same as the one received by the WS Server. The WS Server unfortunately saves incoming operation invocations with an empty SOAP Action element even if the request did not contains the SOAP Action at all. This is a bug in an external library used by the Opensphere program.

In order to avoid the reported message and to have the comparison go through successfully, open the reference operation invocation in the message editor and deselect the "No Value" check box that appears next to the SOAP Action field.

Return to “General Opensphere Topics”