String appender substitution variable reset

waclaw
centeractive people

String appender substitution variable reset

Postby waclaw » 03 Dec 2012, 20:18

Hi

I'm a bit confused about how the substitution variable of type 'string appender' and reset type 'none' works. The documentation in section 2.3.3 says:

The string appender value is not reset unless the start button gets pressed

My question is: which start button? I tried context menu start option, main toolbar button, main menu Testing -> Run Test Suites option, and none of them resets the variable. The variable is cleared only when I reload the project (or restart Opensphere).

I'll be grateful for an explanation
waclaw
urs.minder
centeractive people

Re: String appender substitution variable reset

Postby urs.minder » 05 Dec 2012, 07:15

Thanks a lot for pointing out this inconsistency between the Opensphere program and its user manual. Substitution variables with reset type 'none' are indeed only reset when you start the Opensphere program and when you open a new project. The related description in the user manual is wrong and will be corrected. This should be consistent again in our upcoming new release 2.6.0 of Opensphere.

I however think that it should be possible to explicitly reset such substitution variables either through a menu item or by activating a button on the main tool bar. Therefore I entered a corresponding new feature request (#1770) in our internal project management system.

Return to “General Opensphere Topics”