SCM support

waclaw
centeractive people

SCM support

Postby waclaw » 24 Nov 2012, 22:01

Hi

I miss SCM support for Opensphere projects. I'm sure most of the users are going to put their projects under version control. Usually Opensphere projects consist of many files, and part of them should be under version control, while the other ones are generated by Opensphere components. It is possible to manually add required files to a repository, but it's not the most pleasant job I know. Opensphere support for such thing could make things easier.

A good example is Eclipse, which integrates its projects with various SCMs.

Most popular systems could be supported, like Git and Svn.

thanks
waclaw
urs.minder
centeractive people

Re: SCM support

Postby urs.minder » 28 Nov 2012, 20:03

Thanks for the suggestion!

Currently there are no plans for inbuilt VCS support in Opensphere. In our company we internally use svn and git to control different versions of Opensphere project files. There exists a few client programs with a graphical user interface that let you easily interact with these version control systems (VCS). Depending on your preferences you may add the Opensphere project folders backkup, export and pub to the ignore list of your VCS. Except that, there may be custom folders such as temp or work you may also want to add to the ignore list.
rabika

Re: SCM support

Postby rabika » 28 Jun 2013, 12:14

In the XML Editor I miss a feature to be able to copy XPath expression representing currently selected XML element to the clipboard. The expression like "/Envelope/Header[1]/Body[1]/buyItemResponse[1]" is displayed on the status bar, but it's not possible to copy it.
pimsleur-review pimsleur farsi - pimsleur-review.com
learn-language learn language
learnspanishonline http://www.learnspanishonline.ws/
learn-french learn french
learn-language learn language

Return to “Feature Requests”